Wednesday 18 May 2011

Always look on the bright side of life..........

This week has been a really tough one here in Accra.  I just can’t seem to get into any sort of rhythm at work which is very frustrating for me as most of you know I am someone who likes to get things done!  It is now Wednesday evening and I can’t wait for the week to end and would really prefer to avoid going to work for the next three weeks until I go home to Wilmington for a short but desperately needed visit with friends to avoid the $&%^ (no offense mean!) that seems to be happening.
The week was not helped by the fact that my electricity has been faulty since sometime yesterday resulting in my fridge/freezer being off for almost 20 hours (so losing most things as it is too warm here for it to retain any of its coolness once off!).   I also didn’t have air conditioning last night which resulted in a very hot night and little sleep…… all in all a pretty lousy 24 hours.
Even those small things I was looking forward to – some of my colleagues from the finance group and in particular one friend from South Africa being here next week, is being somewhat spoilt by the fact that I still don’t have a driving license so am not able to drive around and have as much fun with them.  Taxis just aren’t as convenient and can end up being quite costly!
I really do hope something changes for the better soon to make things seem a little easier here.  I have to admit I am really struggling with the thought of going to Wilmington and seeing my friends and then having to leave knowing that life here is far from satisfactory at the moment.  I told someone at work today that life is far too short to be miserable, especially at my age!
So tonight, while trying to get myself into a better frame of mind, I remembered that great song ‘always look on the bright side of life’ and just had to share it with you.
Some good British Comedy always makes things seem a lot brighter!  I hope each of you reading this is able to enjoy the bright side of life at the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment