Sunday 10 April 2011

Feeling a litte more at home....

Moving into my house which will be home for the next couple of years has been wonderful at many levels, not least to say leaving ‘hotel living’ behind and actually being in my ‘own space’ with an opportunity to do those things many of us don’t enjoy such as cleaning the house and weeding outside.

Personally, I enjoy those things anyway so it was even more satisfying to finally get stuck into them here.
Turning left from the road

I thought you might like to see the scenery on the walk to Charity Baptist Church from ‘Plot # 147’.   As you can see it is quite interesting.

Passing the brilliant vegetable 'gardens' inspire
 me to grow my own!
Cross over the railway line - I have heard that there is one train
that runs on these tracks at 6.00 am and 6.00 pm but have yet to see it!! 
 
Passing through some homes ....
I have to share with you though that the ‘duelling’ Churches was the best thing.  Let me start by saying that on a Sunday morning pretty much everywhere you walk you can here worshippers in full song from until – it is a great sound!  But, as I walked through the gateway having crossed the railway tracks I was met my one church on my right and one on my left, not 30 yards apart, both of which were in full praise, singing at the top of their lungs – words can’t really describe it, but it was pretty amazing!

These goats provided a scenic distraction
from the 'duelling' Churches
The walk is about 35 minutes, which with the temperatures in the low 90o F/32o C and some pretty good humidity after a major rainfall last night was warm to say the least, followed by a couple of hours in Church without the luxury of air conditioning before the walk back makes for a pretty tiring morning J, but I wouldn’t miss it!


I hope you all have a wonderful and blessed week as we head towards Palm Sunday….

On the way home, almost at the railway tracks!




No comments:

Post a Comment