Monday 18 April 2011

Rome - so close..........

Oh my gosh – Rome is now just 3 days away J.   I am so excited for so many reasons including the following:
·         The once in a lifetime opportunity to be in Rome at Easter – I may not be attending a Vatican Mass (impossible to get tickets at the late stage I decided to go) but I will still be able to soak up the atmosphere.
·         Being a part of the crowd during the reenactment of Christ carrying the Cross from the Coliseum to Palestine Hill on Good Friday – just the thought of that gives me goose bumps!
·         Enjoying the undeniably Italian culture – strolling through a piazza, having coffee and lunch at a little café, the wonderful bread, creamy cheeses and wines.
·         Having a delightful meal with fresh ingredients that I am familiar with J  Perhaps some fish, a salad, a little pasta or some gelato!  Oh my, my taste buds are excited just at the thought of it.
·         Enjoying not eating of a plastic plate (which I have done for the past two weeks), drinking wine or anything for that matter out of glass!
·         Enjoy an evening walk and being able to travel by bus.
·         Sleeping in a real bed again – two weeks on the blow up mattress is getting old, no matter how good it is, it is not the same as a bed.
·         Soaking in a modern European City.
·         Walking from historic building to historic building and appreciating them for the history that they have experienced.
The list could go on, but this is just a tease for myself as I still need to get there; and solve several more ‘living’ challenges in Accra before I leave...….. but, I cannot wait to celebrate the most important Christian holiday in Rome!!!
I am so blessed J

1 comment:

  1. aaah, so excited for you :) can't wait to see pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete