Monday 21 March 2011

Beach Day!!!

Labadi Beach - "look South Eastwards from Wrightsville Beach"
This past weekend I decided to ‘treat' myself to a day at the beach, which is about 2 – 3 miles from where I am staying (and will be about the same from the house).   There is a pretty decent ‘luxury’ hotel called Labadi Beach Hotel where you can purchase a day pass for about $17 that gives you access to their changing rooms/showers, the swimming pool and beach.    It was so well worth it to spend a few hours relaxing there; having lunch by the pool and reading my book J .

Of course, I didn’t have sunscreen as that is in my ‘air shipment’ which has been sitting at Kotoka Airport (Accra) for about two weeks now as they are waiting for the necessary confirmation that it should not be subjected to customs and/or duty charges – TIA (This is Africa!)!   So I limited myself to about 30 minutes in the sun (trying to be sensible) and then lounged under the umbrella’s at the pool and beach – however I still managed to burn a little, but not painfully so J.   On the way ‘home’ Ofori (my friendly taxi driver) stopped at ‘the store’ - Shoprite and we managed to find some sunscreen there – apparently there is little/no choice here and very few shops even sell it; so at least when I head back to the beach I should be able avoid the burn!   The June shopping list is growing………

No comments:

Post a Comment